Waking Night Support Worker.
We have a fantastic opportunity for two waking night support workers at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a Temporary part-time role, initially for the next 2 months.
Your role will be supporting individuals in a hotel setting, who have been previously been homeless or in need of recuperation following hospital discharge. The position requires a lot of emotional support and dealing with general health and well-being issues.
• To attend to the support needs of people who use the service
• Undertake the general health and safety checks of the premises
• Follow fire evacuation, health and safety, risk assessments and accident / plans, monitor and support people.
• Encouraging independence
• Maintaining a safe and homely environment
• Making informed risk which improves or maintains health and wellbeing, self-esteem, and personal safety
• Administering medication (full training required)
• Supporting individuals with personal care including bathing, showering, toileting, and assistance with dressing
• Domestic Duties
• Meal Preparation, cooking, assistance with eating and cutting up food, plus serving of drinks
• Previous waking night support work experience
• Knowledge of homelessness, and how it can affect individuals
• Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
• 23.33 hours a week over seven days, working from 21.30pm – 7.30am
• Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children, adults, families, and other senior professionals.
• Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a car (desirable)
• Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
• Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
• Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system