Gynaecology Preassessment Nurse.
We are recruiting for a Gynaecology Pre-Assessment Nurse in our Outpatients Department
As the Gynaecology Pre-assessment Staff Nurse in the Outpatients you will be working to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care. To work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse and Sister in their absence.
To be willing to provide care to women undergoing surgical or medical termination of pregnancy, including direct involvement with induction of the procedure.
Working hours 37.5 per week (Mon-Fri)
Salary: £32,270-£35,855 (dependent on experience) plus Benefits
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell additional days. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
• Assist in organisation of clinics to ensure smooth, efficient operations
• Ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
• Chaperoning and assisting medical staff
• To ensure all elective patients are pre assessed
• Carry out observations, investigations and treatments as required
• Identify complex care patients and refer when appropriate for MDT review
• Liaise with consultants, ward and the multidisciplinary team to ensure a smooth patient journey
• To provide information to patients re. admission
• Provide patients with information regarding the management of their condition
• Ensure equipment is in good working order
• To maintain accurate records of patient care &...