On behalf of our client who deliver critical and vital services to the civil and defence sectors the Line Up Group is looking to recruit a Cost Estimator (contract), this role is responsible to the Team Lead for all programme cost estimates.
Role: Cost Estimator
Additional Information: This role requires the incumbent to hold a current SC and will involve travel to Derby
Working closely with the Project Controls Manager, the cost estimator is responsible to the SSNR team leader for all SSN(R) programme cost estimates.
Within the Programme Definition and Design (PDD) Phase, key areas of responsibility will be:
A key area of responsibility for the Cost Estimator will be to provide estimates for design options and to estimate cost deltas as a result of system & component specifications, standards & performance requirements to support the cost reduction initiatives and system down selection decisions.
• Producing budgetary forecasts – to meet the annual budgeting cycle (ABCs), potentially every quarter, this is likely to be one major update (January through March) with minor updates thereafter.
• Undertaking trade studies – investment appraisals in support of the key design decisions to be made.
• Business case submissions – generating the estimates, evidence and arguments to support future business cases.
• Ad-hoc activities – undertaking work as required by the team leader, SDA finance, etc.
• Cost modelling – developing and maintaining cost models to support the above areas, including working with BAES and RR to develop/identify a Joint Cost Model solution as part of the Cost of Ownership workstream to include inputs from BAES and RR.To discharge these responsibilities the estimator must have or develop close working relationships with:
• CAAS (Barrow) – to provide a second opinion on SSN(R) estimates and to enable CAAS to discharge their role in generatin...