Data Warehousing Engineer - SQL Server.
Data Engineer/Data Warehousing Engineer - SQL Server
We are currently seeking a number of Data Engineers and Senior Data Engineers for a leading financial services organisation in Swindon.
The organisation has recently moved to a new data strategy which will transform the way the they think about, values and manages its data. As part of this new strategy the data & analytics community, and more specifically, the data solutions team has a number of exciting new roles to help deliver on the promises of reducing the number of Legacy data stores, simplifying the architectural landscape and treating data as a valued asset.
The roles will focus on delivering reporting and analytical solutions onto the society's enterprise data platform (Hadoop big data ecosystem and Teradata appliance) in support of both small Agile and larger scale project and user delivery.
Combining responsibilities for technical delivery alongside continuous improvement, innovation and automation, this exciting new role will provide the opportunity to work with some cutting-edge technologies.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll:
• Have at least 1 years' experience of data lake and/or data warehouse delivery with:
o Either Teradata or SQL Server
• Be a technical innovator with a curious mindset and a thirst for knowledge and be able to demonstrate a drive for continual improvement
• Be a strong team player who enjoys and thrives on collaboration across colleagues and teams
• Have excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of working in an Agile environment using SCRUM/Kanban
• Hands-on experience of working within a DevOps environment with tooling such as Jenkins, Docker, Cucumber etc
What you'll be doing
You will form a key part of a team of engineers responsible for the implementation of data solutions onto the new IM estate in support of ...