Assistant Care Manager.
Assistant Care Manager
Location: Hillside Court, Batten Road, St George, Bristol - BS5 8NL
Full Time 35 hours per week
£23,254 per annum
Are you looking for your next career move?
Do you want to join a growing organisation?
Do you want to be part of a successful team?
If this person is you, please read on:
This is a great time to join Housing 21 as we have significant growth plans over the next 5 years which will enhance our customer experience.
With 118 Extra Care schemes and schemes planned to be developed over the next 5 years, Housing 21 is continuing to grow.
Extra Care supports older people to live independently in their own home, in purpose built apartments or bungalows in a community setting, with access to on site care and support services tailored to their own needs.
As an Assistant Care Manager you will provide a high quality and CQC compliant care service to residents within the Extra Care environment ensuring care workers are appropriately recruited, supervised and retained.
The successful candidate will be required to work on a 2 week rolling rota, working every other weekend, shift patterns 7.00 am - 4.00 pm and 2.00 pm - 10.00 pm.
Main responsibilities of the job include:
* Carrying out assessment of new or existing residents. Ensuring all allocated residents have a comprehensive care plan in place
* Being responsible for the management and performance of care staff by providing induction, line management, supervision and support to a defined number of care workers
* Support the management team with all aspects of team management including but not limited to: recruitment, staff induction, training and disciplinary procedures and sickness absence
* Contributing to the services quality assurance system by way of auditing, conducting observations and responding to residents feedback
* Preparing rota’s in line with commissioned care hours
* Acting as the responsible person for the safe running of the care se...