Economic Development Manager (Financial).
One of our local clients based in Nuneaton are currently recruiting for the role of Economic Development Manager (Financial).
To work in partnership with other services of the Council and a wide range of agencies, including private, voluntary and community sectors to lead, develop and implement plans, projects and initiatives that meet the needs of the Council’s economic development agenda.
* Be committed to the Council’s Vision and carry out work within the spirit and intention of its core values.
* Assist in the production and delivery of any relevant Directorate Delivery Plan(s) and Service Unit Business Plans as they relate to the Housing & Regeneration Directorate.
* To assist in the delivery and review of service standards, quality and performance targets in the relevant Corporate plans.
* To foster and contribute to the creation of an open environment within the Regeneration and Housing, Directorate, where employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
* To lead and direct resources for long-term, complex projects and co-ordinate internal teams and external resources.
* To be a Directorate contact for elected members and to attend Cabinet, Overview and Scrutiny Panels (OSP’s) and other working groups as required.
* Forge strong working relationships with Elected Members, performing the role of lead advisor to them supporting scrutiny and decision-making processes, on issues in respect of economic development within the borough.
* Manage appropriate budgets in accordance with Financial Regulations, creating an environment of awareness of financial objectives and value for money, monitoring to ensure that financial targets are met, seeking external funding where available, and contributing to the annual budget setting process by identifying financial pressures, savings and growth items.
* To make use of the technology available to improve services and communications wit...