Service Charge Accountant.
Service Charge Accountant
Permanent, full time
£30,000 per annum
About the role:
Our client is currently looking for a housing professional to join their team to manage their Service Charge process.
Your day to day duties will include:
• Calculating the service charge estimates and actuals for all service chargeable properties in the organisation’s portfolio
• Preparing the service charge data for communications and rent accounting system upload
• Preparing account reconciliations for review
• Reconciling the costs in the main ledger against the service charge ledger for review
• Full responsibility for ensuring accuracy in the service charging cost coding
• Ensuring compliance with financial regulations and delegated financial responsibilities
Their ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in a service charge setting
• Good working knowledge of the legal processes relating to leasehold and service charges in general
• Excellent time management skills
• Accounting knowledge
• Analytical skill
It’s an exciting time to join settle. They have just launched their new vision - to be the housing association in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire by 2024 - together with an ambitious new strategy.
Their purpose is to help people who are struggling to find a place to live, for their customers to stay in their homes comfortably so that they can live the life they choose.
Their plan is to be a dynamic housing association with a first class reputation for providing good affordable new homes, great customer services, both in person and through digital platforms, and strong roots in the communities where they work.
What they offer:
? A competitive salary
? 27 days paid holiday
? Stakeholder pension scheme
? Life assurance
? Health care cash plan
Letchworth Garden City