Relief Support Worker (Housing & Residential).
The people who use our services tell us we've changed their lives. Our employees tell us they're supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers. We're looking for someone great to join our team.
Our staff have come from all walks of life; some have a faith and some don't. We don't want you to be a cog in a wheel. We want you to bring your skills and experience either from the care sector or gained elsewhere - we know they are transferable. Your journey won't stop there though as, using the strengths of a large diverse organisation, we'll support you to develop new skills and qualifications and give you the opportunities to put them into practice.
We're all about the people we support. We want them to achieve the highest quality of life they can and you'll be more important in that than you know. You'll need to be able to discern the person behind the behaviour and be able to develop strong supportive relationships with colleagues
There's space to be creative and find ways to help the people who use our services achieve their goals so when you see a problem you'll need to have the heart to fix it.
The general task required of Support Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi disciplinary team to meet the needs of the service user.
1. To implement and uphold CrossReach's aims, objectives, policies and procedures.
2. To be able to work without direct supervision in the delivery of support services to service users.
3. To provide personal support and care to service users in a flexible way which meets their needs over a twenty four hour period.
4. To undertake sleepover duties as required to meet individual service users needs.
5. To undertake autonomously the role of key working to service users.
6. As a sole worker carr...