Technical Services Engineer.
Main purpose of the job: To provide IT support at customer premises working with users to resolve IT problems across our technology areas of Office 365, VMware, EMC, Cisco, Citrix, and Veeam.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
For a complete understanding of this opportunity, and what will be required to be a successful applicant, read on.
* Monitor tickets logged in our IT Service Management System called Connectwise and prioritise these in relation to the set SLA agreement in place with the customer, the risk and approximate amount of time required for the ticket.
* Liaise directly with the customer to resolve issues
* Work on roll-out and delivery of IT projects
* Investigate the problem whilst keeping in contact with the customer and logging notes in the system.
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of responsibility to the post.Please note that this job description is subject to ongoing review as new demands and best working practices are considered, agreed and implemented.Skills and qualities required:
* Good Understanding of O365 technologies
* O365 implementation, migration, administration
* A strong understanding of the Citrix Virtualisation technology suite.
* Windows Server technologies (Active Directory Group Policies, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, Certificate Services etc.)
* An understanding Datacentre virtualisation technologies (VMware ESXi, XenServer, SAN technologies, Converged Infrastructure etc.)
* An understanding of network technologies (TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP/DNS, Firewall etc.) Education and Qualifications, one or more of the following
* Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco, VMware Veeam or EMC certifications.
* A high level of self-motivation together with a willingness to learn new skills.
* A flexible and e...