Factory Technical Manager.
Our Client, a fast paced, high volume manufacturer of chilled foods for the Major Retailers, is looking for a Factory Technical Manager to work on their site based in London / Kent. Reporting to the Head of Technical, the successful candidate will provide leadership and management of the technical department in order to contribute to the smooth operation of the business objectives and targets in accordance with quality, BRC and safety standards.
Key accountabilities for the role are:
* Management of the Technical Quality team to ensure products are manufactured to high standards to meet or exceed all agreed internal or external specifications
* Maintaining a robust auditing programme that continues to meet the requirements set by BRC and all major retailers
* To be the key contact point for internal & external business customers regarding technical matters affecting product safety, legality & quality
* Ensuring the site quality & safety management system is regularly maintained driving continuous improvement
* To be the HACCP Team Leader, directing the work of the team and ensuring the concept is properly applied
* Liaising with the NPD and Process team to ensure products & processes are developed / launched & optimised, incorporating “Best Manufacturing Principles”
* Ensuring that all relevant legislations affecting food safety & legality are being followed on site
* To review, audit and challenge factory operations, product quality and systems to ensure that teams maintain the highest standards of food safety and product integrity.
* Developing and monitoring HACCP, TACCP and quality systems in accordance to the latest customer / BRC standards.
Essential skills and experience include:
* Technical Management experience within a fast paced chilled food manufacturing environment
* Strong and effective communicator, managing multiple internal and external stakeholders
* Strong problem-solving skills