Building Control Inspector.
Building Control Inspector / Surveyor
North, Central and East London
£40,000 – £53,000 + Car Allowance
This is a home-based role and will require extensive travel around the North, Central and East London. Must hold full membership MCABE, MRICS, MCIOB, MCICOW to be considered for this role.
Our client, one of the UKs well established structural defects warranty specialists are now looking for Building Surveyors/ Control Inspectors.
To provide site inspections on a variety of developments to check for compliance with Building Regulations and associated legislation. Plan, check and site inspections
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
* Inspecting buildings being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure the works are in accordance with Building Regulations.
* Effectively self-manage, by forward-planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
* Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
* Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
* Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
* Full member of professional organisations: MRICS / MCABE or similar in the appropriate discipline of Building Control.
* Basic understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
* Able to conduct inspections at each stage of the build
* 5 years relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspections and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience.
* Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legi...