Consultant Acute Physician.
Consultant Acute Physician
Full Time (four day week) or Part Time
(sub-specialty sessions considered)
Emergency Assessment Unit
Work for an outstanding Trust – Together we can make a Difference
Salford Royal became only the second NHS Trust in the country and the first in the North of England to be rated outstanding by The Care Quality Commission. The Trust is consistently rated as one of the best places to work in the NHS and here are just a few of the reasons why:
• Recent investment of £200 million to develop our main hospital site
• We are a major teaching hospital for the Universities of Salford & Manchester
• Our clear aim to be the safest organisation in the NHS.
• Structured Quality Improvement Directorate
• Rated in the top 20% of Trusts in the Healthcare Commission Patient Survey
• Major Trauma Centre and Acute Stroke Centre for Greater Manchester
• New Consultant Leadership Programme, Quality Improvement and Management Training
The Position – Join our team
You will be joining our innovative team of 16 Acute Physicians, dedicated Geriatricians in the Frailty Zone, 14 junior doctors, Clinical Fellows, ANPs and Physician Associate. We are one of the original acute units and have pioneered many of the now standard ways of working including Ambulatory Care, Virtual Wards and Frailty Zones. We work collaboratively with our Emergency Department Colleagues.
We provide a seven day service with extended hours on a rota basis which allows us to work 4 day weeks. The overnight cover is shared with the other specialty physicians on a 1:30 basis.
Our EAU benefits from daily in-reach from medical specialties as well as support from our tertiary services such as neurology, neurosurgery, renal medicine, dermatology etc. Acute Medicine is very well supported with a great diagnostics/radiology department as well as senior managers who genuinely appreciate the work we do
As well as providing clinical expertise on the shop floor, ...