We put people first!
We’re looking for Support Workers to work with us at our brand new service near to Croydon in Warlingham supporting people with autism, behaviours that challenge and learning disabilities.
As a Support Worker you will;
• Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments etc.
• Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking and cleaning
• Ensuring the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential
• Personal Care (e.g. using the toilet, bathing)
Work full or part time covering different shifts throughout the day, evenings and nights spread across the week, weekends and Bank holidays. Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
Our pay is £17,732 per annum (pro rata) + benefits.
Due to the nature of the role and the location of the service it’s highly desirable that applicants hold a full valid driving licence, and have access to their own vehicle.
Avenues Group is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life and live as independently as possible in their own homes.
• Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed
• Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible
• Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles
• Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting
• Show commitment to personal and professional development
Full training will be provided and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one. In addition;
• We pay for your enhanced criminal records disclosure
• Personal training & development
• Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350 (T&C’s apply)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Pension scheme - if you join, we contribute too and life cover is provided
• 31 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (pro-rata), increasing after to 2 years’ ...