Teacher - San Fernando Valley.
Multiple Opportunities available across the San Fernando Valley.
General Summary: Under the direction of the Center Director, the Teacher will promote activities designed to stimulate learning in all developmental domains. Encourage Family Engagement in all aspects of the program. Develop individual goals for children; provide on-going assessment on progress and facilitate transition activities into Kindergarten. Provide guidance to teacher assistants in accordance with policies, procedures, and philosophy of CCRC Head Start 0-5.
Successful candidates will need the following:
* Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education/ Child Development, or (related field) including a minimum of 24 semester units in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
* 2 years' experience working with families and children in a preschool setting required.
* 1 year of experience working with developmentally disabled/delayed or behaviorally challenged children including supporting Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and/or Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSP) using social-emotional curriculum and inclusion methods is preferred.
* Hold a current California Commission on Teacher Credentialing Child Development Teacher permit.
* Ability to converse, write, and/or translate in Spanish or Armenian preferred.
* Criminal Records (e.g. Live Scan Fingerprinting), Child Abuse Index Check, Sexual Offender Registry, Health,Tuberculosis (TB) test and Immunization clearances required.
* Hold a valid First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate upon hire or within 30 days of hire.
* Must have strong organizational and leadership skills.
* Valid California Driver's License, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance, and clean DMV record required.
* Show ability to have flexibility, maturity of judgment, and ability to work collegially.
* Ability to supervise pre-school children and ensure a s...