Driver - CDL Boom/Crane.
Spenard Builders Supply is Alaska's choice for building materials and home improvements. Statewide, we service the needs of a variety of customers including residential and commercial builders, specialty contractors, government and other institutions, and especially do-it-yourselfers. Check out our latest building products, events, manufacturing services or find an SBS near you.Today, Spenard Builders Supply is owned by Builders FirstSource, the largest supplier of building products, prefabricated components, and value-added services to the residential construction market in the U.S. We provide customers an integrated homebuilding solution, offering manufacturing, supply, delivery and installation for a full range of structural and related building products.
Drives delivery vehicle to customer site that requires the operation of a crane or boom to load or unload material. Driver will operate either a articulating drywall boom truck or straight truck which requires a Class B CDL, or a stick crane attached to a road tractor which requires a Class A CDL.
* Assists customers with unloading material safely and accurately, taking precautions to protect product and customer property.
* Calculates boom/crane capacities and weights and checks clearances so that buildings, hydro wires and machine will not be damaged. Ensures load is not over weight limits and adheres to DOT regulations.
* Required to use a hand-held device, except while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
* Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
* Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
* Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 21+ years of age, a valid Class A or B CDL ...