In total, next year 2017 will come with 12 national holidays, plus the day of each autonomous community and two local holidays that depend on each City Council, as published by the Official State Gazette (BOE).
Nine of them will be simultaneous throughout Spain:
- January 6 (Epiphany of the Lord or Kings Day, which falls on Friday);
- May 1 (Labor Party that falls on Monday);
- August 15 (Assumption of the Virgin, which falls on Tuesday);
- October 12 (National Holiday of Spain, Thursday);
- November 1 (Todos Santos, Wednesday);
- December 6 (Constitution Day, Wednesday);
- December 8 (Immaculate Conception, Friday);
- December 25 (Nativity of the Lord or Christmas, which falls on Monday).
All communities, except Catalonia, also include as a holiday on Holy Thursday , which this 2017 will be on April 13.
Holidays in the communities
- Andalusia: Andalusia Day, February 28, falls on Tuesday.
- Aragon: Aragon Day, April 23, passes to Monday, 24.
- Asturias: Asturias Day, September 8, will be held on a Friday.
- Balearic Islands: Day of the Balearic Islands, March 1, falls on Wednesday.
- Canary Islands: Canary Day, May 30, is celebrated on Tuesday.
- Cantabria: Day of the Institutions of Cantabria, July 28, falls on Friday.
- Castilla-La Mancha: Celebrates as its own holiday the Day of Castilla-La Mancha, May 31, which falls on Wednesday; and the day of Corpus Christi (June 15, Thursday).
- Castilla y León: Castilla y León Day is celebrated on April 24 (Monday).
- Catalonia: Celebrates four festivities of its own: Easter Monday (April 17); San Juan (June 24, Saturday); the festival of Catalonia (September 11, Monday) and San Esteban (December 26, Tuesday).
- Valencian Community: Celebrates Easter Monday (April 17) and the day of the Valencian Community, October 9, also Monday as its own holiday.
- Extremadura: Extremadura Day, September 8, falls on Friday.
- Galicia: Galician Letters Day is celebrated on May 17 (Wednesday).
- Madrid: On May 2, Festival of the Community of Madrid, falls on Tuesday.
- Murcia: On June 9, Murcia Region Day, it will be a Friday.
- Navarra, Basque Country and La Rioja: Celebrate Easter Monday (April 17) as an autonomous holiday.
- Ceuta: The city celebrates the Feast of the Sacrifice Easter (September 1, Friday) and Ceuta Day (September 2, Saturday).
- Melilla: The city celebrates the Feast of Sacrifice (Aid El Kebir) on September 1, Friday.
Descárgate la app JOB TODAY ahora!