It is increasingly common for companies to use telephone interviews to make a first contact. Short conversations that usually do not last more than 10 -20 minutes and in which the recruiter seeks to contrast labor profile data and learn a little about the person’s interest in the job.
What to do when the call comes at an inconvenient time?
Although it is a call that you are waiting for, sometimes it occurs at inconvenient times when answering effectively becomes complicated: being on public transport, making the purchase, at an event … these are times when responding is not easy . What to do in such a situation? It is best to be honest with the interviewer and tell him that it is not a good time because you are busy and make sure he can call at another time or explore the possibility of being you who returns the call.
Once you start the conversation … what?
It is important that you do not get nervous @. In order not to go blank, the best recommendation is always to prepare the interview well: how to do it We have prepared a list of things you should keep in mind:
- Voice tone: it is very important to convey security with your tone of voice, show joy and positivity. If you transmit all this during the conversation you will have a point in your favor.
- Attitude: be yourself, don’t try to look like you are not. Be positive and constructive.
- Prepare the questions: make a list of frequently asked questions and prepare the answers. If you stay blank you can rely on them.
- Experience and studies: it is key that you know your work profile, do not allow yourself to doubt dates, jobs, training … all that can be a bad indicator.
- Interest: it is important that you know the data of the company you aspire to.
- Accuracy: avoid spreading too much, remember that it is a touchdown and that it is simply a data check.
- Questions: it is time to ask everything that has not been clear to you, you can also ask about the phases of the process or what will be the next step. Do not stay with any doubt, everything can be important.
- Farewell: Always thank the interviewer for the time you have spent, let him know again that you have an interest in the position and would like to have a face-to-face interview.
In short: a good attitude, tranquility and answering the questions well will ensure success. Luck! Descárgate la app JOB TODAY ahora!