About JOB TODAY
JOB TODAY’s mission is to become the best place in the world to find a job, fast!
We are Europe’s first and leading mobile hiring app, and aim to reduce job search barriers, connect people with local opportunities, and help millions of people find a job in as fast as 24 hours. So far, we have processed over 100 million job applications and we are just getting started!
JOB TODAY is headquartered in Luxembourg and has been backed by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms. As we expand, we are always on the look out for brilliant and driven individuals to join our team.
Who are we looking for?
At JOB TODAY, we are working to be the best place in the world to find a job, fast. To get there, we need exceptionally brilliant, dynamic, and driven people to help achieve that goal. If this mission resonates with you, then get ready to come help us change the world of employment!
We are looking for a motivated individual who can work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. The successful Software Engineer (backend) candidate will be adept at building a great, production-grade infrastructure to support an amazing product, keen on making tangible impact to product strategy, and passionate about delighting our users.
You like hard problems (especially hard, scale-oriented ones), and have great intuition for identifying elegant solutions to otherwise complex requirements. You are smart, creative, curious, humble, and also self-driven to make things better. We’re a small team and everyone matters and makes a real impact.
What you will get to do
- Innovate, implement, and iterate on our online and offline server infrastructure and codebase with a world-class engineering team.
- Meaningfully contribute to product strategy across the board.
- Operate within a strong devops culture, with ownership covering all parts of the software lifecycle from concept through development, testing, and support.
- Work on algorithmic systems that may include (but are not limited to): NLP, classification, recommendation, and optimization for topics such as fraud and spam detection, category and semantic extraction, (job) matching, and more.
- Orchestrate an Amazon cloud empire that uses Lambda, Redshift, Kinesis, Aurora, EKS, S3, and the latest infrastructure technologies to serve millions of users and thousands of requests per minute.
- Collaborate with others across our engineering, product, design, and commercial teams
What you should have to land the job (today)
- Strong experience in production backend development, preferably at significant scale.
- Deep understanding of lean software development: build, measure, learn, iterate – code with a clear purpose and experiment with metrics in mind.
- Good sense of responsibility to ship quality releases for a highly used and loved app – an innate understanding of when to go fast and when to go slow.
- Solid foundations in general software engineering – including systems and release engineering concepts.
- Knowledge of Java 8+ within a web services context
- Experience with Spring Boot, jOOQ, Docker, and/or Kubernetes a huge plus!
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational database and data pipeline concepts
- Expertise with cloud systems architecture
- Fluency with Linux and open source systems administration
- Exposure to statistical and algorithmic development, and the use or implementation of machine learning libraries and approaches, is a big plus
- Professional working proficiency with English
If you’re ready to come change the world of employment, apply today!