Business Development Officer (Air Freight Forwarding and Customs)
The Business Development Officer (Air freight forwarding and customs) is responsible for identifying and closing sales leads, pitching products and services to prospective clients and maintaining good working relationships with existing and new clients.
· Identify, approach and close new business in freight and customs solutions.
· Promote and grow Air, Road and Sea freight services (both imports and exports).
· Develop and maintain a pipeline of potential businesses.
· Develop and implement new strategies to help increase profit, minimise mistakes and improve the business.
· Work with overseas freight forwarding partners to create mutually beneficial business opportunities.
· Conduct sales meetings with prospective clients - primarily importers and exporters.
· Communicating new products and services lines to existing and prospective clients
· Book direct freight with airline wholesalers.
· Prospect for viable international commercial and trade goods accounts, especially the United States and Nigeria.
· Support and develop cross sell opportunities for the business.
- £22,000 – £24,000 yearly
- Starting time
- Immediate start!
Logistics • 11-50 Employees
Hiring with us since February, 2021
Global Corporate Logistics (GCL) is a Manchester based professional logistics brokerage company with a global reach and international appeal. GCL is part of Rolats Services UK LTD and partners with major shipping lines globally.