We are looking for a Production Pastry Chef to be responsible for crafting delicious desserts and confectionery, designing seasonal menus, and developing new recipes for the pastry section of our kitchen. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers’ expectations.
To be successful in this role you must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Pastry Chef Responsibilities:
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the Executive Chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
-Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
Pastry Chef Requirements:
- 3 or more years
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
There will be 3 stages: Interview | Reference Check | Trial
- English – Advanced
- £24,000 – £27,000 yearly
- Bonus on performance
- Starting time
- Immediate start!
Bakery and Café • 11-50 Employees
Hiring with us since December, 2020
Comptoir Gourmand is a small, family run company based in Bermondsey. Our talented chefs & bakers hand-make all our products every day from our kitchen on Maltby Street, ensuring the highest quality and freshness.