Line Cook. Job Title: Prep/Line Cook
Location: Harlem, NY 10029 (Relocating to Bushwick, Brooklyn March 15, 2020)
Hours: Three 8-hour shifts/week, approx. 24 hours, M-F
Tiny Organics, creators of the first fresh, organic, fridge-to-table finger foods for babies, is looking for a prep/line cook to facilitate our food production process at our shared commercial kitchen space in Harlem. The prep/line cook will be preparing a variety of sophisticated and adventurous recipes all curated by our head chef. Position will be approximately three 8-hour shifts per week beginning as soon as possible.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, available shifts are limited to 3 shifts per week. As soon as restrictions are lifted, position will become full time 40 hours per week plus overtime.
- Follow standardized recipes from Head Chef to ensure products meet specification standards
- Thoroughly completing batch sheets for each recipe
- Assist in scale-up process of new recipes with Head Chef
- Preparation of foods, includes all cooking techniques such as roasting, broiling, braising, sautéing, and grilling
- Control timing of the food production flow process to avoid delays and lapses
- Comply with all safety and hygiene requirements
- Minimum of 2 years culinary experience in a high volume, high quality production kitchen or similar role
- Proficiency in all aspects of cooking
- Working knowledge and understanding of health/sanitation standards (HACCP knowledge preferred)
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the position including ability to lift, pull, push, carry up to 50 pounds/ stand for extended periods of time
- Food protection/handler’s certificate preferred but not required
- Availability to work three 8-hour shifts per week, Mon - Fri, between 8AM and 8PM
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org More detail about Tiny Organics, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/2...