Personal Care Assistant
The Role: To assist a young lady with independent living skills and emotional support in her home.
An understanding and an awareness of Autism and severe ME or an openness to learn, is essential for this role.
• Supporting with developing independent living skills
• Assisting with food choices and preparation
• Providing emotional support
• Supporting with organisation
• Assist with using behavioural skills
• Assisting with occasional cleaning and changing of bedding
• Assisting with some personal care
• Assisting with pain medication
Personal Qualities and Attributes required:
• Willingness to learn about M.E and adapt to specific needs
• Responsible, reliable and trustworthy
• Understanding, adaptable and organised
• Good communication skills
• Punctual, reliable and flexible
• Calm and empathetic with a kind nature
• Respectful of confidentiality and privacy
*This role is a lone working position and an Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) is required for all staff undertaking the role.
Hours: 1 hour a day 7 days a week (afternoons)
Pay: £9.70 per hour
Job Type: Part time
- Not required
- £9.7 hourly
Charity • 11-50 Employees
Hiring with us since November, 2021
Compass Disability Services support those with disabilities and their carers.